Report a Crime

upset African American woman talking on phone

In emergency situations, please call 911. 
To report a crime, under Illinois law, an individual must initially contact a police agency. Please call the agency that you live in or the agency in which the crime occurred.  The State’s Attorney’s Office’s investigators work on specialized matters in the appropriate circumstances, and at the direction of the State’s Attorney - we do not take initial reports of crimes. 
If you wish to remain anonymous while providing a tip about a crime, please contact Crimestoppers. 
If you have been the victim of a crime, our Victim Assistance Unit is here to help.