Updated - August 15, 2022
Comments made by the public to the Lake County State’s Attorney Facebook page and Twitter profile will be reviewed, and while comments will not be edited by our staff, the Office reserves the right to remove comments that include:
- Comments unrelated to the purpose and topical scope of the page. The page is not meant for comments that do not directly relate to the purpose or topical scope of the page.
- Child pornography.
- Incitement to imminent lawless action.
- Speech presenting a grave and imminent threat.
- Defamation (libel/slander).
- Solicitations to commit or speech integral to criminal conduct.
- Promotion or advertisement of a business or a commercial transaction.
- Comments that promote, support, or oppose a candidate campaigning for election to a public office.
- Copyrighted material (if posted without the copyright holder’s consent).
- Derogatory or private information about a crime victim.
- Information that compromises litigation.
The State’s Attorney may take steps to have content – including but not limited to images, reviews, and comments - removed if it falls within one of the aforementioned categories.